WARNER HOME VIDEO
RELEASES ANOTHER CAPTIVATING COLLECTION
OF “SMURFTACULAR” SMURFS EPISODES ON DVD WITH
AVAILABLE JULY 19, 2011
- Format: Animated, Color, DVD, NTSC
- Language: English
- Number of discs: 2
- Studio: Warner Home Video
- DVD Release Date: July 19, 2011
DVD Release Will Feature 10 Episodes of the Emmy® Award Winning Series
DVD will be released during the summer of Smurfs!
From the studio: Get your Smurf on with Warner Home Video’s (WHV) release of The Smurfs: A Magical Smurf Adventure, a “super-Smurfy” collection featuring 10 episodes from the hit ‘80s Saturday morning cartoon series. Available in stores July 19, 2011, this delightful compilation stars everyone’s favorite Smurfs, including Lazy, Brainy, Smurfette, Hefty, Clumsy, Papa Smurf, and others in a delightful set of adventures the entire family can enjoy together. The Smurfs: A Magical Smurf Adventure will retail for $19.97 SRP.
10 “Smurftastic” Featured Episodes Include:
- Smurf Van Winkle – Lazy is tricked into believing he's slept his life away.
- Revenge of the Smurfs – The Smurfs try to get even with an army that’s stormed their village.
- Magic Fountain – The Smurfs search for a magic fountain.
- Smurf Me No Flowers – Lazy is led to believe he has only a few days to live.
- The Cursed Country – An evil master captures Smurfs to work in his diamond mine.
- The Blue Plague - Brainy gives the Smurfs a meal that makes them feel like chickens.
- The Ring of Castellac – The Smurfs return a drugged duke to his rightful place.
- A Mere Truffle – Tracker loses his memory while leading the Smurfs on a truffle hunt.
- Gormandizing Greedy – Greedy gains weight after a diet of sweets and desserts.
- Sister Smurf – Smurfette and a young girl are held captive by an old hag.
The Smurfs are a group of over 100 bluish, three-apple tall creatures who live in the mushroom homes of Smurf Village. They are led by 543-year-old Papa Smurf (who doesn’t look a day over 530). Their lives would be perfect were it not for their villainous Gargamel, a wizard who spends his days trying to capture them to eat, turn into gold, or for other evil reasons. Gargamel’s cat Azrael adds to the menace, always looking for a tasty, Smurfy snack.
Produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions, The Smurfs originally premiered as part of NBC’s Saturday morning programming lineup. The Emmy® Award winning series ran for nine seasons on NBC earning a 42% share of the U.S. Saturday morning audience.
“Fans have eagerly been awaiting another installment of The Smurfs on DVD and we are delighted to bring them another volume of this classic cartoon this summer,” said Jeff Brown, WHV Executive Vice President and GM of Non-Theatrical Franchise. He added, “The Smurfs remain immensely popular decade after decade because the universal messages of love, friendship and respect that they impart in each of their episodes are timeless. Those who grew up with The Smurfs on TV in the ‘80s are now eager to pass the joy they experienced while watching this series onto to today’s younger generations.”
My take: If you have young children, you probably already know about The Smurfs movie coming out July 29th. If you have young children, you are probably
About Warner Home Video: With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc., commands the largest home entertainment distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Video and New Line Cinema.
About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group: Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution, interactive entertainment/videogames, direct-to-DVD production, technical operations and anti-piracy businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. WBHEG is responsible for the global distribution of content through DVD, electronic sell-through and VOD, and delivery of theatrical content to wireless and online channels, and is also a significant worldwide publisher for both internal and third party videogame titles. For more information on this and other titles distributed by Warner Home Video, visit www.whvdirect.com.
The giveaway: One lucky winner will receive their very own copy of The Smurfs: A Magical Smurf Adventure! (US ADDRESSES ONLY please)
To win: Leave a comment here telling me another Warner Brothers Entertainment Family DVD that you'd like to watch. Be sure to leave your email address with your comment if you are not a blogger or your email is not easily found on your blog. This giveaway is open until 11:59 p.m., EST, Friday, July 22, 2011. Good Luck!
Bonus entries: Get up to 9 extra entries for a total of 10 entries (please leave a separate comment for each extra entry):
• Follow Warner Brothers Entertainment on Twitter (leave a comment here with your twitter id)
• Blog about this giveaway (don't forget to leave the link in your comment)
• Share this giveaway on any of your Social Networking sites (like Twitter and/or Facebook) and come back here with a link to your post/tweet (you can have up to two entries - be sure to leave 2 comments)
• Follow me on Twitter (leave a comment with your twitter id) (you can use the yellow button on the top right sidebar)
• Subscribe to my blog via RSS or Email (see top right sidebar)
• Add my button to your sidebar (leave your website address for verification)
• Fan or Fav me on Technorati (or use the purple box link on the top right sidebar)
• Follow me on Blogger using Google Friend Connect (see right sidebar)
This review was sponsored by The Lippin Group PR who provided the DVDs for review and giveaway. I was not compensated in any way except for the complimentary DVD. My opinion is my own.
P.S.: Be sure to check out my new fan page for Did You See That? on Facebook!
P.P.S.: New Facebook rules do not allow contest entries for "Liking" Facebook pages.