WARNER HOME VIDEO BRINGS ALL-TIME FAVORITE, HOLIDAY PEANUTS FAMILY CLASSICS TO CONSUMERS ON BLU-RAY™ HI-DEF FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH THE RELEASE OF PEANUTS HOLIDAY COLLECTION
Peanuts Holiday Collection (A Charlie Brown Christmas / It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown / A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving) [Blu-ray]
Format: Color, Full Screen
Number of discs: 3
Studio: Warner Home Video
DVD Release Date: October 5, 2010
Run Time: 150 minutes
Actors: Wesley Singerman, Serena Berman, Corey Padnos, Megan Taylor Harvey, Chrystopher Ryan Johnson
Directors: Larry Leichliter
Writers: Charles M. Schulz
Producers: Bill Melendez, Lee Mendelson, Warren Taylor
Number of discs: 1
Studio: Warner Home Video
DVD Release Date: October 5, 2010
Run Time: 41 minutes
Tis the season for the cheer and charm of the Peanuts kids - and this delight special offers five segments full of unforgettable moments. Snoopy works as a bell-ringer to raise money and tries making peace with the ferocious cat next door. Linus strives to strike the right tone in his letter to Santa - and his friendship with an indecisive girl at school. Sally's idea about gift giving and the identity of Santa may be unusual - but her strange notion about how to obtain a Christmas tree surprisingly does the job. Lucy tries awfully hard to be nice...and still coax everyone around her to buy her presents. Charlie Brown and Sally wait up for Santa (a surprisingly short man), who spreads Christmas gift cheer further than they had thought. Make merry!
From the studio – This holiday season, consumers will have an opportunity to enjoy some of their all-time favorite animated Peanuts television specials in a whole new way, when Warner Home Video (WHV) releases the Peanuts Holiday Collection on Blu-ray™ hi-def format for the first time on October 5, 2010. Peanuts Holiday Collection, which is comprised of three beloved specials including A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, A Charlie Brown Christmas and It’s a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown will retail for $42.93 SRP.
Available separately on October 5, WHV will also offer consumers Charlie Brown’s Christmas Tales, which will retail at $14.97 SRP. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving will be released on Blu-ray™ hi-def format for the first time on September 7, 2010. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving will retail for $24.98 SRP.
Peanuts Holiday Collection BD features a set of three of the most popular and memorable Peanuts seasonal classics and loads of bonus episodes. The specials will come in a Blu-ray + DVD Pack which includes both the Blu-ray and DVD editions of the specials.
Peanuts Holiday Collection BD Featured Specials:
* A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving – In this Emmy® Award-winning special, Peppermint Patty invites herself to Charlie Brown’s house for Thanksgiving dinner. Marcie and Franklin are soon added as dinner guests. Charlie Brown admits that his culinary skills are limited to “cold cereal and maybe toast.” Snoopy and Woodstock transform the ping-pong table in the backyard into a dinner table. As the guests arrive, they are each served two slices of buttered toast, some pretzel sticks, popcorn and jelly beans. Patty is outraged at the meal and berates Charlie Brown until embarrassed and dejected, he leaves the table and goes back into the house.
* It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown – This Emmy® Award-nominated special, finds the Peanuts gang outfitted in costumes, ready for trick or treating and crashing Violet’s Halloween party. Charlie Brown is in a ghost costume (with more eyeholes cut out than needed), Lucy dressed as a witch and Snoopy in a World War I flying ace costume. Linus decides to steadfastly hold vigil in the pumpkin patch as he awaits the Great Pumpkin.
* A Charlie Brown Christmas – In this Emmy® and Peabody Award winning classic, Charlie Brown is upset by how commercial the Christmas holiday has become. To coax him out of his holiday blues, Lucy suggests he direct the school’s Christmas pageant and decorate a glorious tree. Charlie Brown concedes. The tree he finds however, is puny, prompting everyone to ridicule him.
Peanuts Holiday Collection BD Bonus Episodes:
* The Mayflower Voyagers – In this bonus episode from the This is America, Charlie Brown series, the Peanuts kids become pilgrims sailing to the New World aboard the Mayflower and endure the first hard winter on Plymouth Plantation.
* It’s Magic, Charlie Brown – This bonus episode finds Snoopy putting on a show after he checks out a book on magic tricks from the library. With Marcie and Sally as his assistants, he performs many tricks (some that work and some that don’t) before an audience. The grand finale features the biggest trick of all, making Charlie Brown disappear. To everyone’s amazement, Snoopy makes him invisible but doesn’t know how to bring Charlie Brown back. Will Snoopy find a way to reverse the trick?
* It’s Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown – This bonus episode is the second Christmas-themed Peanuts episode since A Charlie Brown Christmas. Holiday preparations include Charlie Brown selling wreaths door-to-door to make extra money, Peppermint Patty sweating out an important book report and the entire crew appearing in a Christmas pageant.
Charlie Brown’s Christmas Tales, which originally premiered on ABC in 2002, is comprised of a series of delightful animated vignettes, each of which showcase a different member of the Peanuts gang.
The rarely seen Is This Goodbye, Charlie Brown? is also featured on this release. Charlie Brown and pals face the departure of Linus and Lucy, who must move when their father is transferred to a job in another town.
WHV will also release the Emmy® Award winning classic A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on Blu-ray™ hi-def format for the first time. This release will come in a Blu-ray + DVD Pack which includes a Blu-ray and DVD. Special features include a bonus episode, The Mayflower Voyagers and a new featurette titled The Making of A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. This featurette takes a look at the final installment of the Peanuts holiday trilogy and what it meant to its creators.
“To many, watching these seasonal specials on TV each year has turned into an important tradition. We wanted to capture these programs in one beautiful collection and preserve them in gorgeous Blu-ray definition so that they could be shared with future generations,” said Amit Desai, WHV Vice President of Family, Animation & Partner Brands Marketing. He added, “Peanuts Holiday Collection is a must-have DVD compilation. It features some of Charles Schulz’s greatest work and we are proud to offer it to consumers.”
Other classic animated Peanuts specials available in stores now from WHV include It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown BD (available in a Blu-ray + DVD Pack which includes a Blu-ray and DVD in a standard definition edition), Peanuts Holiday Collection (standard definition edition), I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown Deluxe Edition (standard definition edition), A Charlie Brown Christmas BD (Blu-ray™ hi-def format and standard definition editions) and A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Deluxe Edition (standard definition edition).
My take: You can't go wrong with classic Peanuts shows on DVD this holiday season. I don't know about you, but our holidays from Halloween to Thanksgiving to Christmas just are not complete until we watch the Charlie Brown holiday specials. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown starts off the holidays right as we spend the evening in the pumpkin patch with ever faithful Linus. We follow up with A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving so we can be thankful we are eating dinner that doesn't include popcorn and toast! And for Christmas, well for Christmas we have a plethora of Charlie Brown episodes, including the classic A Charlie Brown Christmas (who can forget that pitiful tree?) from the Holiday Collection DVD and Charlie Brown’s Christmas Tales - an entirely separate DVD with more Charlie Brown fun. These movies would be the perfect stocking stuffers for the Charlie Brown (or Little Red Headed Girl) in your life - pick them up today!
The giveaway: One lucky winner will win his/her very own copy of each of these products (4 DVDs in all)!! (US Address only please)
To win: Leave a comment here telling me which Charlie Brown movie is your favorite. Be sure to leave your email address with your comment if you are not a blogger or your email is not easily found on your blog. This giveaway is open until 11:59 p.m., EST, Tuesday, November 30, 2010. Good Luck!
Bonus entries: Get up to 9 extra entries for a total of 10 entries (please leave a separate comment for each extra entry):
• Follow Warner Brothers Entertainment on Twitter (leave a comment here with your twitter id)
• "Like" Warner Brothers Entertainment on Facebook (leave a comment here with your Facebook name)
• Blog about this giveaway (don't forget to leave the link in your comment)
• Twitter, Stumble or Digg this giveaway (leave a comment with a link)
• Follow me on Twitter (leave a comment with your twitter id)
• Subscribe to my blog via RSS or Email (see top left sidebar)
• Add my blog to your blogroll or my button to your sidebar (leave your website address for verification)
• On Technorati - click on this link, then on Fan or Fav (or use the green link on the top left sidebar)
• Follow me on Blogger (see top left sidebar)
About Warner Home Video: With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, a division of the Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.
About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group: Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution, interactive entertainment/videogames, direct-to-DVD production, technical operations and anti-piracy businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. WBHEG is responsible for the global distribution of content through DVD, electronic sell-through and VOD, and delivery of theatrical content to wireless and online channels, and is also a significant worldwide publisher for both internal and third party videogame titles.
This review was sponsored by The Lippin Group PR who provided the DVDs for review and giveaway. I was not compensated in any way except for the complimentary DVDs.